• Have a great summer Eisenhower community! See you in August!

Outstanding performance make seniors worthy of Principal’s Award of Excellence

Mr Briseno working in his office during.

John Langlois, Editor-in-chief

We hear it on the intercoms in the morning and read it in the emails they send us in the afternoon: The Principal’s Award of  Excellence.

For seven years this award has been given to seniors that have shown outstanding performance at Eisenhower during their four years.

The award is meant for students who have been overall good students at the school. To receive the award , a students must have 95 percent attendance their junior and senior year, 2.5 unweighted GPA, shown improvement from their PSAT to their SAT, be involved in a sport, and have a job or do community service, no external suspensions, earn 26 credits, and have taken a AP course.    

“We wanted to give this award to the solid students,” said Mr. Tom Reedy.  “This is for the people who haven’t been in trouble and have been involved in the school.”

At graduation, seniors who have been given the award will be wearing a gray cord around their neck while they cross the stage.

Students will be able to put this recognition on application for college and work showing that they were hard-working students in high school and were always on time.

If you are looking to find more information on if you are still in the running for the award or anything else about the award, go on skyward or schedule an appointment with your counselor.