Rotary club sponsors five students from Eisenhower

Sponsored+students+pose+for+picture+as+they+prepare+for+the+long+journey+to+Lake+Geneva+Wisconsin+from+Oct.+6+to+Oct.+9.+Students+were+chosen+by+Rotary+club+member+Ms.+Michelle+Alfano%0A+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Sponsored students pose for picture as they prepare for the long journey to Lake Geneva Wisconsin from Oct. 6 to Oct. 9. Students were chosen by Rotary club member Ms. Michelle Alfano

Joel Herrera, Editor

Five students were selected and sponsored by the Rotary Club to attend the four-day Rotary Youth Leadership Workshop.

The students traveled to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, to attend a workshop from Oct. 6 -9. Students were able to discuss leadership skills and learn those skills through practice.

“The students were all chosen by me,” says Spanish teacher and Rotary club member, Ms. Michelle Alfano. “The students were chosen for their potential leadership abilities, good attitude, ability to work well in groups, and solid work ethic.”

Rotary Club is a branch of Rotary International. The organization is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who come together to make positive, lasting change in communities at home and abroad.

Sophomores Maria Guerrero, Hernan Huerta, Jocelyn Ortiz, Victor Sahagun, Denisse Fernandez-Rico were chosen this year to attend the workshop.

“We learned to be more like a team,” says Sophomore Denisse Fernandez. “The activities helped us learn that we can not live in this world by ourselves.”