The Red and White News

• Any boy interested in swimming meet in room 121 after school Nov. 5

• Welcome back Operation Snowball students!

• Join us for Eisenhower Parent Connection on Nov.7 @5:30 p.m. (PAC)

• Congratulations to our novice speech team on placing 2nd at the HF Halloween classic

iPads over Textbooks?

Branden Shelwood, Staff writer

Just a few years ago at Eisenhower we got school iPads. At first only Freshman received them. The main purpose for school iPads were to eliminate carrying stacks of textbooks and also to keep students more organized with online classes with all their homework, but have the IPads been taken for granted? Should iPads replace textbooks?

Nowadays students are so into technology that they can’t get away from it. It’s like people are literally glued to the screens. That one text or Snapchat is unfortunately distracting students from what’s going on in class. “Of course the IPads are helpful but I think the students show use them in a more positive way in order to stay on top of work explains chemistry teacher Joe Groff.

In fact the school iPads were such an issue the first year of having them that many teachers wanted to already get rid of them as students did nothing but Snapchat and play games instead of using apps such as remind or other school apps to help them

I think that schools should use iPads instead of textbooks just for the main reason of not carrying a load of books, but still the iPads should be used in a more productive way. Games will always be around in the world but your education won’t be.