Tutoring just got cozy in La Casa

Back to Article
Back to Article

Tutoring just got cozy in La Casa

Students Fernando Castañada, junior and Nicolas Granados, junior in La Casa tutoring center for Ap and Honors students on Oct. 19. Ms. Carol Czworniak, La Casa tutor, is helping with their work during their 5th period lunch.

Anese English, Staff Writer

Eisenhower upens it’s first tutoring center for AP and Honor students.

La Casa is an acronym for the Center for Academic Support and Advancement. Tuoring is being held Monday-Friday in the old RTI room across the hall from the cafeteria. The tutors are former Honors and AP teachers.

Ms. Malinda Majoch, Associate Principal, and Mr. Erik Briseno, Principal, decided on the location because they wanted a place near the cafeteria.

La Casa provides tutoring by former AP/honors teachers for AP Biology, AP Physics, AP social studies, and AP English.

There are an estimated 50 students per week receiving tutoring according to Mr. Justin Clark, Associate Principal.

“The goals for La Casa tutoring is to have a comfortable room where students with difficult courses can have a place to study,” said Clark.

“Tutoring is helping with the test scores for AP Physics and I have twice as many students going to La Casa now”, said Ms.Tierney Smith, AP Physics 1 teacher.

Smith brings up some concerns about juniors homerooms affecting La Casa tutoring opportunities with the shortened periods.

Any honors and AP student are welcome to attend anytime. There is no prior sign up required.