Fall Play becomes winter play

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall Play becomes winter play

Amarantha Garcia, junior, rehearses and studies after school for the fall play. The play has been moved to Jan. 25-26.

Aaliyah Gamboa, Staff Writer

‘Tis the season for the autumn play to take place in winter.

Eisenhower’s annual fall play is being pushed back to after winter break. The official days are now Jan. 25-26 at 7 p.m.

This year’s play is inspired by the book To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday. The play is about a father and a daughter whose relationship is in jeopardy when the father can’t stop mourning over the death of his wife.

The play is being held in January instead of November because Ms. Sarina Kledzik, Drama Club instructor, is away on maternity leave.

The cast includes Marco Martinez, junior; Maglio Martinez, freshman; Sarah Martin, sophomores; Amelia Ingram, junior; Sam Weglowski, junior; and Lori Ritos, seniors.  Kledzik kept the cast small to make it easier to manage during her maternity leave.

“I did not want to give up directing the play, so I discussed the option of pushing the play back with the administration,” said Kledzik. “ I discussed the idea with the students who were auditioning and everyone was supportive of my decision of changing the date.”

The cast is currently practicing after school from 3:30-5 p.m. two days a week. While Kledzik is at home, she is still working on the play be handling behind the scene details, such as ordering costumes and props.

“In all honesty, I like having the idea of a fall play, and pushing it back is not going to affect the quality of the play,” says Amarantha Garcia, junior.

There will be a student/staff performance on Thursday, Jan 24 at 3:45 p.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $5 for staff. Tickets for the official show are $5 for students and $7 for adults.