Cardinal wrestlers overcome cramped ‘nest’

Makhei+Glasper%2Csenior%2C+and+Tony+Pacetti%2C+sophomore%2C+work+on+their+techniques+during+wrestling+practice+in+the++upper+level+of+the+main+gym+on+Wednesday%2C+November+14.+The+wrestlers+take+advantage+of+the+open+space+before+being+cramped+up+with+the+rest+of+the+team.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Makhei Glasper,senior, and Tony Pacetti, sophomore, work on their techniques during wrestling practice in the  upper level of the main gym on Wednesday, November 14. The wrestlers take advantage of the open space before being cramped up with the rest of the team.

Makhei Glasper,senior, and Tony Pacetti, sophomore, work on their techniques during wrestling practice in the upper level of the main gym on Wednesday, November 14. The wrestlers take advantage of the open space before being cramped up with the rest of the team.

Gabriella Gallegos, staff writer

The Eisenhower wrestling team has started practicing for their season. They practice Monday-Saturday from 3:15-6p.m. above the main gym behind the bleachers. With approximately more than 30 wrestlers, there is little to no space for a good practice.

The team is divided into two main groups, first year wrestlers and jv/varsity.

The first year wrestlers have the practice area to themselves right after school, while the other wrestlers use the weight room.

This is the only way to ensure a safe practice for the team.

With many teams and clubs at Eisenhower, there is very limited space for anyone to be able to upgrade their space.

Although there is not enough space for the whole team to practice, the wrestlers still stay focused and try to not let the cramped area get in the way of their goals for the season.

“Most of our varsity team is young and inexperienced, but these guys are the hardest workers in the school, they are improving everyday and i hope to win a conference championship with these guys,” says Mr. Ambrosino, coach.

Ambrosino hopes to get six sectional qualifiers and a couple state qualifiers this year.

If you want to support the Cardinals come out to their first home match on Jan.3, 2019 at 10 a.m. in the main gym.