Eisenhower’s girls basketball team dribbles into new season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eisenhower Cardinal girls basketball team lost their first home game against Kankakee, 77-22. The girls worked well as a team and tried hard to get a win for the first home game but were defeated.

Anese English, Staff Writer

The Eisenhower Cardinals girls basketball team hopes to dribble their way into a better season.

Coming off a tough overall record from last season which was 1-24, Mr. Greg Foertsch, School Counselor and Assistant Coach, wants to get the best out of the team’s ability and get better after every game. Their practices are everyday, Monday-Friday after school. The team practices last from 3:30-5:30 p.m. in the main gym across the hall from the weight room and next to the auxiliary gym.

The team’s overall season record so far is 1-4 so far this season.

There are 12 girls in total on the team this season, four seniors, seven juniors, and one sophomore.

“There is a new group of players that work well with each other and I think we are going to be good this year” said Latavia Campbell, junior.

The basketball team recently competed in a pre-season Richard’s tournament from Nov. 12-17, with an overall 1-3 record as they ended the tournament.

“I think the girl’s biggest competition is themselves, it doesn’t matter who they play” said Foertsch.

The captains for the basketball season are going to have to prove to the coaches that they deserve it and earn it.

The Cardinals girls basketball team is working hard to achieve more this season.