Music Department hosts annual pancake breakfast

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lesly Campos (right), and Lucia Hernandez (left) Freshmen, serving beverages at the Pancake Breakfast. The event was a huge success.

Viviana Castillo, Staff Writer

The Music Department hosted the annual Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018 in the cafeteria from 7 a.m.- noon.

The event, held by the staff of the Music Department, was a success with 302 tickets sold.

The pancake breakfast has been around for twelve years, with the batter being provided by a full service restaurant and the volunteer parents cooking at the event.

The money earned goes to raising funds for the band and choir, with the fundraising purpose being changed every year. This year, it went towards brand new mariachi instruments for band.

“It’s a great time for families. I hope everyone in the future considers attending.” Said Mr. Justin Antos, music teacher.

“I was in band when I was in high school and, now that my daughter’s in Orchestra, I wanted to help out.” Said Diane Limon, a parent volunteer.

Depending on whether it’s a field trip year or not, the event raises three thousand – six thousand dollars.